ADA regularly engages with both consumers and providers of aged care, disability and guardianship services. This ongoing engagement helps inform our understanding of the service and system issues impacting on consumers.
As a consumer advocacy organisation, we aim to raise awareness of these issues and ensure the consumer experience is considered in all key policy decisions. The development of policy submissions is just one of the methods we use to promote the consumer voice at a systemic level.
ADA Australia prepares policy submissions on a range of important topics. Below are some of the policy submissions recently prepared by the ADA Australia team.
- Submission to Queensland Parliament’s Community Support and Services Committee on the Public Trustee (Advisory and Monitoring Board) Amendment Bill 2021
- Submission to Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs on the Aged Care and Other Legislation Amendment (Royal Commission Response No.2) Bill 2021
- Submission to Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Scheme on general issues around implementation and performance of the NDIS and current scheme implementation and forecasting for the NDIS
- Submission to NDIS Act Review Consultations Department of Social Services regarding NDIS Amendment (Participant Service Guarantee and Other Amendments) Bill 2021
- Submission to Queensland Parliament’s Community Support and Services Committee on social isolation and loneliness in Queensland
- Submission to Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) Consultation Team, Australian Department of Health on the expansion of SIRS for Commonwealth funded in-home aged care services
- Submission to Women’s Safety and Justice Taskforce Discussion Paper 2 Women and girls’ experience of the criminal justice system
- Submission to Women’s Safety and Justice Taskforce Discussion Paper 1 Options for legislating against coercive control and the creation of standalone domestic violence offence
- Submission to the Disability Royal Commission about the experiences of culturally and linguistically diverse people with disability
- Submission to the Australian Attorney-General’s Department regarding proposed National Register of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Submission to the Queensland Parliament’s Health and Environment Committee on the proposed Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill 2021
Read more about ADA Australia’s systemic advocacy work