About disability advocacy
- support services
- disability discrimination
- unfair treatment
How we can help
- problems with providers, supports or government agencies
- unfair treatment or disability discrimination
- difficulties accessing support services
- NDIS access, planning, service delivery, and reviews
Where we work
- Gold Coast
- Central Queensland region.
We cannot assist with:
- NDIS appeals
- Advocacy support or assistance outside of the areas Where we Work
- Housing or rental issues
- Retirement Village issues
- Providing recommendations on service providers
- Financial or legal advice
Who to contact
Advocacy support in other locations:
Housing or rental issues:
Retirement Village issues:
Who is eligible
People with a permanent, or likely to be permanent, disability, living in the areas listed under where we work, and where there is substantially reduced capacity for communication, learning, or mobility and the need for ongoing support services, may be eligible for advocacy support.
The permanent disability may be classified as:
- developmental delay
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- cognitive, neurological or learning
- psychiatric or mental health illness or another disability.
We are funded to support people with disabilities of any age living on the Gold Coast or in Central Queensland. However, people with disability living in the Redlands or Logan areas who are under the age of 18, and their families and carers, may be referred to specialist children’s advocacy services, depending on the circumstances.
How we work
We seek your permission before acting and follow strict confidentiality processes
We take privacy seriously and can only communicate with our clients directly and the people they authorise us to talk to.
We don’t make decisions for you. We can help you understand your options and follow your direction.
Our services are free of charge. We are funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments to deliver disability advocacy support.
We work with each individual, to help give them a voice
Short Term & Issue Specifc
We work with you to solve a specific problem.
Frequently asked questions
• Gold Coast
• Central Queensland.