Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia (ADA Australia) is a not-for-profit, independent, community based advocacy and education service with 30 years’ experience in supporting and improving the well being of older people and people with disability.
Headquartered in Brisbane we provide advocacy services to older people and people with disability in metropolitan, regional, rural and remote communities across Queensland. Our services are free, confidential and client focused.
ADA Australia offers a range of services in the following areas:
- Aged Care Advocacy
- Human Rights Advocacy and Legal Service through ADA Law
- Disability Advocacy
- Systemic Advocacy
ADA Law community legal service:
For more information, go to What We Do.
ADA Australia provides quality advocacy services to older people and people with disability, giving vulnerable Australians a voice through information, education and support.
Our vision is to empower vulnerable Australians through support, information and advocacy.
Our core values are to be respectful, collaborative, empowering and creative.
- Respectful: we show respect for the wellbeing of our clients and their communities
- Collaborative: we work with clients and value our partnerships to deliver the best possible outcomes at individual and systemic levels
- Empowering: we provide our clients with a wide range of services including information, advocacy, education and training to support their own skills
- Creative: we embrace professionally creative approaches, working with individuals on individual issues, to achieve the best results for clients. We embrace all cultures, special needs, sexual orientation and gender identity.
ADA Australia (formerly known as Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy – QADA) has more than 25 years’ experience in providing support services to older Australians and people with disability. Since 1991, our general advocacy service has helped thousands of Queenslanders to resolve issues related to their aged care and community care service provision.
ADA Australia is funded by the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments to provide information, education and support to enable people to better understand and exercise their rights and responsibilities when receiving an aged care or community care service. It is our job to ensure our clients’ voice is heard.
In 2007, we established a guardianship advocacy service, funded by Legal Aid Queensland, which supports adults with guardianship and administration matters, including support at QCAT tribunal hearings.
ADA Australia’s current Strategic Plan is operational from 2020-2023. To view a copy, head to our resources page.
ADA Australia is an ISO 9001:2015 certified agency committed to excellent customer service and continuous quality improvement.
ADA Australia and the Old Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN)
ADA Australia is the Queensland organisation representing OPAN (Older Persons Advocacy Network). OPAN is funded by the Australian Government’s National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP) and aims to provide a national voice for aged care advocacy and promote excellence and national consistency in the delivery of advocacy services under the Program. ADA Australia therefore has a number of sister organisations who offer similar advocacy services in other states and territories. These organisations work together under the banner of OPAN. To find other NACAP advocacy organisations around Australia, see the links below.
- National: OPAN 1800 700 600 opan.com.au
- New South Wales: Seniors Rights Services (SRS) – 1800 424 079 seniorsrightsservice.org.au
- Victoria: Elder Rights Advocacy – (03) 9602 3066 era.asn.au
- Western Australia: Advocare – (08) 9479 7566 advocare.org.au
- South Australia: ARAS Aged Rights Advocacy Service – 08 8232 5377 sa.agedrights.asn.au
- Tasmania: Advocacy Tasmania – (03) 6224 2240 advocacytasmania.org.au
- Australian Capital Territory: ADACAS – (02) 6242 5060 adacas.org.au
- Northern Territory, Central Australia: Catholic Care NT – (08) 8944 2000 catholiccarent.org.au
- Northern Territory, Top End: Aged and Disability Advocacy Service – (08) 8982 1111 dcls.org.au
- Queensland: ADA Australia – 1800 818 338 www.adaaustralia.com.au