ADA regularly engages with both consumers and providers of aged care, disability and guardianship services. This ongoing engagement helps inform our understanding of the service and system issues impacting on consumers.
As a consumer advocacy organisation, we aim to raise awareness of these issues and ensure the consumer experience is considered in all key policy decisions. The development of policy submissions is just one of the methods we use to promote the consumer voice at a systemic level.
ADA Australia prepares policy submissions on a range of important topics. Below are some of the policy submissions recently prepared by the ADA Australia team.
- Submission to the Review of National Ageing and Aged Care Strategy for People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Backgrounds
- ADAA ATSIDNQ Response to Improving the delivery of advocacy for ATSI people with disability
- ADAA ATSIDNQ Response to NDIS Code of Conduct Paper
- Submission to the Guardianship and Administration and Other Legislation Amendment Bill
- Submission to the Justice Project: Older Persons Discussion Paper
- Submission to the Justice Project: People with Disability Discussion Paper
- Submission to the Elder Abuse Enquiry
- Submission to Future Reform an Integrated Care at Home Program Discussion paper
- Consultation Paper to Inform the Development of the Aged Care Diversity Framework