In celebration of Queensland Mental Health Week, ADA Australia hosted the Shifting Consumer Control and the new Mental Health Act Forum in Brisbane on 11 October 2017.
The forum encompassed an opportunity to bring together a panel of key representatives to provide insight and share varying perspectives around the positive changes and future challenges of the new Mental Health Act, introduced in Queensland in March 2017. The forum also reflected upon the Victorian mental health act changes and their experience from the civil perspective.
- Dr John Chesterman – Office of the Public Advocate (VIC) (Download presentation here)
- Ivan Frkovic – Queensland Mental Health Commissioner (Download presentation here)
- Natalie Siegel-Brown – Public Guardian
- Mary Burgess – Public Advocate
- Rebekah Leong – Queensland Advocacy Incorporated (QAI)