If you are looking for resources related to aged care services, including residential aged care, home care and community care services, please see the below details for more information. If you would like more information on how to make a complaint, or would like disability support, the below details may also be of assistance.
If after reviewing the below resources you are still unsure which forms you need, feel free to call us for further assistance.
How to access aged care services
There is a single entry point for access to government subsidised aged care services. Go to www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone 1800 200 422.
My Aged Care can provide you with information about:
- The different types of aged care services
- Eligibility for services
- Conducting and arranging assessments
- Helping you to find local services to meet your needs
- Estimating fees and costs of your aged care services.
Residential aged care resources
- For information on how to access a residential facility, go to 5 Steps to Entry into an Aged Care Home
- If you would like to know your rights, go to Charter of residents Rights and Responsibilities
- If you would like to know your responsibilities, go to Residential Care Manual
- For an in-depth understanding of legislation, go to the Aged Care Act.
Home care resources
- To learn how to access home care, go to 5 steps to home Care
- If you would like to understand your rights, go to Charter of Rights and Responsibilities for Home Care
- Summary of Rights and Responsibilities
- If you would like to understand your entitlements under home care, go to Home Care Packages
- For an in-depth understanding of legislation, go to the Aged Care Act
- For information about the reforms in home care programs, go to Home Care Reform Overview
- If you would like to understand your rights, please visit Community Care Common Standards.
- If you require information or support on the NDIA / NDIS National Disability Insurance Scheme please call 1800 800 110
- If you require information or support from Disability Services Queensland:
Telephone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
TTY: 133 677
- As a person living with disability in Qld, to understand your rights and where to find help go to http://www.myrightsqld.com.au
- For general Information and access to national carer resources, go to Carer Gateway
- For national access to carer associations around Australia, go to Carers Australia or call 1800 242 636.
- If you are unhappy with your residential, home care or Australian Government funded home support program, please contact the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- If you are unhappy with a health care professional or service, go to How to Make a Health Service Complaint
- If you are unhappy with your Queensland Disability Services, please contact the Complaints Process on 1800 080 464 or the NDIS Complaints Scheme on 1800 800 110
- If you are unhappy with any state government agencies after seeking resolution directly with them contact the Queensland Ombudsman, or call 1800 068 908
- For Centrelink related issues – please call Centrelink Complaints Process –1800 132 468 or Basic Rights Queensland
- For housing or rental issues – please call QSTARS 1300 744 263
- For retirement village issues – please call Park and Village Information (PAVIL) (07) 3214 6333 or the Department of Housing and Public Works (07) 3008 3450
Decision Making, Guardianship and administration resources
For a comprehensive list of guardianship and administration resources, including Enduring Power of Attorney and Advance Health Directive information, please go to Decison making resources.
For resources to promote ADA Australia please go to ADA Australia Resources