At ADA Australia we pride ourselves on the comprehensive resources we supply to the sector. We are passionate about educating older people and people with disability on advocacy and guardianship matters; thereby encouraging self-advocacy and helping them to better understand their rights and responsibilities.
The below list provides an overview of resources currently available to download. To request hard copies, please:
- Call us on 1800 818 338
- Place an order online, or
- Download a resource order form. (hyperlink to pdf Resource Order Form link)
ADA Australia flyers and factsheets
- Advocacy Information Card (DL size)
- FAQ factsheet (A4 size)
- Advocacy case study flyer (A4 size)
- What is advocacy poster.
- Guardianship Advocacy Information Card (DL size)
- Guardianship FAQ factsheet (A4 size)
- Guardianship case study flyer (A5 size)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- A&TSI Advocacy Information Card (DL size)
- A&TSI FAQ factsheet (A4 size)
- A&TSI case study flyer (A5 size)
- A&TSI Guardianship Advocacy Information Card (DL size)
- A&TSI Enduring Power of Attorney card for grandchildren (DL size)
- A&TSI Enduring Power of Attorney card for grandparents (DL size)
- Aboriginal poster (A4)
- Torres Strait Islander poster (A4)
- ATSIDNQ – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Disability Network of Qld membership form.
Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- CALD advocacy information card (DL size)
- CALD FAQ factsheet (A4 size).
ADA Australia organisation documents
- Strategic plan
- Reconciliation action plan
- Organisational Chart 2016
- Annual report 2015-2016 – coming soon
- Annual report 2014-2015
- Annual report 2013-2014
- Annual report 2013-2014
- Annual report 2012-2013
For a comprehensive list of guardianship and administration resources, including Enduring Power of Attorney and Advanced Health Directive information, go to guardianship resources.
For a comprehensive list of other party resources, such as information about rights and legislation in residential and community care, go to other resources.
Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN)
ADA Australia partners with a number of sister organisations who offer similar advocacy services in other states and territories. These organisations work together under the banner of OPAN – Older Persons Advocacy Network. To find an advocacy organisation in your state or territory, see the links below.
- OPAN: opan.com.au
- New South Wales: Seniors Rights Services (SRS) – 1800 424 079 seniorsrightsservice.org.au
- Victoria: Elder Rights Advocacy – (03) 9602 3066 era.asn.au
- Western Australia: Advocare – (08) 9479 7566 advocare.org.au
- South Australia: ARAS Aged Rights Advocacy Service – 08 8232 5377 sa.agedrights.asn.au
- Tasmania: Advocacy Tasmania – (03) 6224 2240 advoacacytasmania.org.au
- Australian Capital Territory: ADACAS – (02) 6242 5060 adacas.org.au
- Northern Territory, Central Australia: Catholic Care NT – (08) 8944 2000 catholiccarent.org.au
- Northern Territory, Top End: Aged and Disability Advocacy Service – (08) 8982 1111 dcls.org.au