ADA Australia hosted two Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) focused forums in Cairns and on the Gold Coast in June 2017.
The forums encompassed an opportunity to bring together leading industry speakers, key LGBTI Elders, government officials, and aged care facility managers to share insights into varying perspectives and engage in discussions about how Residential Aged Care Facilities can better promote, recognise and implement the need of inclusive care for LGBTI communities.
- Dr Catherine Barrett – Celebrate Ageing (Presentation downloadable here)
- Melanie Dicks – Uniting
- Alex David – Intersex International Australia
- Sue Renton/Sally Naughton/Robert Zillman – Department of Health (Presentation downloadable here)
- Mary Allen/Kathy Prain – Australian Aged Care Quality and Accreditation Agency (Presentation downloadable here)
- Key Elders from local LGBTI communities