Do your staff seek greater confidence and understanding of mental health and mental illness?
The mhWISE (Mental Health, Wellbeing, Information, Skills and Education) Programs offer in house staff training opportunities to a wide variety of workers.
The mhWISE programs have been developed over many years to address common gaps in staff knowledge. Staff who have participated in mhWISE training programs report high levels of satisfaction with the training, a greater understanding of mental health and mental illness and demonstrate greater confidence in working with clients. There are a wide variety of training options.
mhWISE Older Persons Mental Health – In house training for community care & residential care staff
- Gain greater understanding of mental health and mental illness for older people
- Increase the confidence of your staff and improve client / resident outcomes
- Provide your staff with improved strategies for daily work practices
- Training options are available to specifically suit many roles
mhWISE offers three similar but separate training programs for Community Care and Residential Care staff. The training options include 4 or 6.5 hour programs.
- mhWISE Community Care – For EN’s, AIN’s, PCW’s, domestic support staff, disability support workers and volunteers or similar. No prior knowledge is required.
- mhWISE Residential Care – EN’s, AIN’s, PCW’s, domestic staff, lifestyle/activities officers and volunteers. No prior knowledge is required.
- mhWISE Senior Staff – For EEN’s, RN’s, allied health, and diversional therapists or similar roles. No prior knowledge is necessary, as all the basics are covered, as well as more in depth applications.
If you are unsure as to which program would best suit your staff, please call discuss.
To download the latest mhWISE flyer CLICK HERE
mhWISE Older Persons Mental Health Train the Trainer – Due to the popularity of this training program amongst large organisations with requirements to train hundreds of staff, train the trainer models of the mhWISE programs have also been developed. To enquire about the train the trainer options please contact us.
Profits from the sale of mhWISE training programs support ADA Australia’s wider advocacy work to improve the lives of others.
If you would like to discuss the training content or gain a quotation to suit your organisations training needs please contact us. To download our program pricing please click mhWISE Older Persons Mental Health Training Prices