The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line provides information, support and a way to connect.
Older Australians, their families, friends and carers can FREECALL 1800 171 866 if they:
- would like to talk with someone about the COVID-19 restrictions and its impact on them
- are feeling lonely or are worried about a loved one
- are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
- need help or advice about changing the aged care services they are receiving
- need help to access new care services or essential supplies such as shopping
- are concerned about a friend or family member living with dementia.
We know there is a lot of fear and confusion within the community. Older people are vulnerable to COVID-19, but may be less connected to the internet, and needing another way to access information for their circumstances.
The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line is available on 1800 171 866 between 8.30am – 6pm AEST weekdays.
The Older Persons Support Line is a joint initiative of COTA Australia, Dementia Australia, National Seniors and OPAN, supported by funding from the Australian Government.